The Area 2 Asset Support Contract covers the identification, design and implementation of highway improvement schemes, together with the maintenance of highways and trunk roads across the south-west of England. The £500m framework covers a 5 year period running from 2012-2017.
Working for Skanska and in partnership with Highways England, our team at Blackdown Environmental provide Highway Tree, Vegetation and Ecology management. As part of our works we offer a 24h emergency call out cover.
Over the 5 year duration of this framework, Blackdown Enviromental have played a key role in the delivery of tree, vegetation and ecology management across the entirety of Area 2, ensuring that the works undertaken have exceeded Skanska’s and Highway England’s expectations.
Our team at Blackdown Environmental provided:
- 24/7 emergency call out cover across the Area 2 network, covering fallen trees and other emergencies;
- Vegetation clearance gangs to undertake vegetation clearance, tree felling and tree thinning works
- Verge maintenance and management services
- Ecological surveying and monitoring
- Delivery of ecological mitigation schemes and enhancements for numerous species including dormice, water voles and GCN
- Reinstating gravel bars using a mini-excavator and other hand tools