NBC ENVIRONMENT LTD WEBSITE PRIVACY NOTICE
1. Your rights, your information and how we use it
NBC is committed to protecting your personal information.
Our Privacy Notice contains important information about what personal details we collect; what we do with that information; who we may share it with and why; and your choices and rights when it comes to the personal information you have given us.
We may need to make changes to our Privacy Notice; so please check our website for updates from time to time. If there are important changes such as changes to where your personal data will be processed; we will contact you to let you know.
2. Who we are
We are NBC Environment.
This Privacy Notice applies to NBC Environment and its subsidiaries (the legal trading companies that manage the products and services we offer to our UK customers), incorporating:
NBC Environment Limited and its subsidiaries include Blackdown Environmental; a part of our group
3. Your consent and acknowledgement
4. How to contact us
If you have any questions about our Privacy Notice or the information we collect or use about you, please contact;
The Data Compliance Officer
NBC Environment Limited (Registered Company No. 3475126) of
The Mews, Snetterton Park,
NR16 2JU (Registered Office Address)
Email: [email protected]
5. Information we collect and use
Information about you that we collect and use includes:
- Information about who you are e.g. your name, date of birth and contact details
- Information connected to your product or service with us
- Information about your contact with us e.g. meetings, phone calls, emails / letters
- Information that is automatically collected e.g. via cookies when you visit one of our websites
- Information if you visit one of our offices e.g. visual images collected via closed circuit television (CCTV)
- Information classified as ‘sensitive’ personal information e.g. relating to your health, marital or civil partnership status. This information will only be collected and used where it’s needed to provide the product or service you have requested or to comply with our legal obligations
- Information you may provide us about other people e.g. joint applicants or recipients of products you have with us
6. What are cookies?
A cookie is a small file – it’s saved onto your computer or other device when you visit our website.
Cookies store small pieces of information. For example – they will remember you’ve visited our website or performed a certain action.
- Persistent cookies – these stay valid, and will work until their expiry date (unless you delete them before they expire)
- Session cookies – these expire when you close your web browser
7. Where we collect your information
We may collect your personal information directly from you, from a variety of sources, including:
- an enquiry form for a product or service
- phone conversations with us
- emails or letters you send to us
- registering for one of our events e.g. industry conferences or exhibitions, social or charitable events or webinars
- participating in research surveys to help us understand you better and improve our products and services
- our online services such as websites, social media and mobile device application (‘Apps’)
We may also collect personal information on you from places such as business directories and other commercially or publicly available sources e.g. to check or improve the information we hold (like your address) or to give better contact information if we are unable to contact you directly.
8. What we collect and use your information for
We take your privacy seriously and we will only ever collect and use information which is personal to you where it is necessary, fair and lawful to do so. We will collect and use your information only where:
- you have given us your permission [consent] to send you information about products and services offered by other parts of NBC Environment and / or selected third parties we have chosen to work with which we believe may be of interest and benefit to you
- it’s necessary to provide the product or service you have requested
- it’s necessary for us to meet our legal or regulatory obligations e.g. to send you service delivery job sheets, details of materials used, tell you about changes to Terms and Conditions or for the detection and prevention of fraud
- it’s in the legitimate interests of NBC Environment e.g. to deliver appropriate information and guidance so you are aware of the options that will help you get the best outcome from your product or service; where we need to process your information to better understand you and your needs so we can send you more relevant communications about the products or services you have with us and to develop new products and services; where we use artificial intelligence or computer algorithms to improve the products and services offered to you
- it’s in the legitimate interests of a third party e.g. sharing information with our suppliers on a particular issue you have asked us to become involved in
- If you do not wish us to collect and use your personal information in these ways, it may mean that we will be unable to provide you with our products or services.
We sometimes use systems to make automated decisions based on personal information we have – or are allowed to collect and use from others – about you. These automated decisions can affect the products, services or features we offer you now or in the future. We use automated decisions in the following ways:
- Tailoring products and services e.g. placing you in groups with similar customers to make decisions about the products and services we may offer you to help meet your needs
- When designing and enhancing our online services to help meet your requirements for ongoing guidance and support.
9. Who we may share your information with
We may share your information with third parties for the reasons outlined in ‘What we collect and use your information for.’
These third parties include:
- Companies within our supply chain for the means of providing services or products you have enquired about
- Your adviser or employer
- Companies we have chosen to support us in the delivery of the products and services we offer to you and other customers e.g. research, consultancy or technology companies; or companies who can help us in our contact with you, for example an internet service provider
- Our regulators and governing bodies e.g. the British pest Control Association, Natural England, Health & Safety Executive the Information Commissioner’s Office for the UK (the ICO)
- Law enforcement, credit and identity check agencies for the prevention and detection of crime
- HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) e.g. for the processing of tax relief on pension payments or the prevention of tax avoidance.
We will never sell your details to someone else. Whenever we share your personal information, we will do so in line with our obligations to keep your information safe and secure.
10. Where your information is processed
All of your information is processed in the UK and European Economic Area (EEA).
11. How we protect your information
We take information and system security very seriously and we strive to comply with our obligations at all times. Any personal information which is collected, recorded or used in any way, whether on paper, online or any other media, will have appropriate safeguards applied in line with our data protection obligations.
Your information is protected by controls designed to minimise loss or damage through accident, negligence or deliberate actions. Our employees also protect sensitive or confidential information when storing or transmitting information electronically and must undertake annual training on this.
Our security controls are aligned to industry standards and good practice; providing a control environment that effectively manages risks to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of your information.
12. How long we keep your information
We will keep your personal information only where it is necessary to provide you with or information on our products or services while you are a customer or have consented to hearing from us.
We may also keep your information after this period but only where required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations. The length of time we keep your information for these purposes will vary depending on the obligations we need to meet.
13. Your individual rights
You have several rights in relation to how NBC Environment uses your information. They are:
13.1 Right to be informed
You have a right to receive clear and easy to understand information on what personal information we have, why and who we share it with – we do this in our Privacy Notice and privacy notices.
13.2 Right of access
You have the right of access to your personal information. If you wish to receive a copy of the personal information we hold on you, you may make a data subject access request (DSAR).
13.3 Right to request that your personal information be rectified
If your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can request that it is corrected.
13.4 Right to request erasure
You can ask for your information to be deleted or removed if there is not a compelling reason for NBC Environment to continue to have it.
13.5 Right to restrict processing
You can ask that we block or suppress the processing of your personal information for certain reasons. This means that we are still permitted to keep your information – but only to ensure we don’t use it in the future for those reasons you have restricted.
13.6 Right to data portability
You can ask for a copy of your personal information for your own purposes to use across different services. In certain circumstances, you may move, copy or transfer the personal information we hold to another company in a safe and secure way. For example, if you were moving your service to another service provider.
13.7 Right to object
You can object to NBC Environment processing your personal information where: it’s based on our legitimate interests (including profiling); for direct marketing (including profiling); and if we were using it for scientific/historical research and statistics.
13.8 Rights related to automatic decision making including profiling
You have the right to ask NBC Environment to:
- give you information about its processing of your personal information
- request human intervention or challenge a decision where processing is done solely by automated processes
- carry out regular checks to make sure that our automated decision making and profiling processes are working as they should.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion to add to or change the terms of this privacy notice. If we publish any changes we will let you know by posting such changes to this page and/or by posting notification of change to our Site homepage. Once we have posted any such changes it is then your responsibility as a user to ensure that you are aware of such changes from time to time. Changes will become effective 24 hours after first posting and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to access the Site after that time.
15. Questions or complaints: contact us
We will always strive to collect, use and safeguard your personal information in line with data protection laws. If you do not believe we have handled your information as set out in our Privacy Notice, please contact us via email at [email protected] and we will do our utmost to make things right.
© 2007 2010 Limited. NBC Environment Limited. All rights reserved.