Reporting to: Regional Team Leader
Location: All Regions but we would specifically welcome applicants in the Scotland area
NBC is the largest Falconry related business in Europe and one of the largest pest control businesses in the UK with annual sales of over £5million.
We are a National pest control business which is recognised as the industry’s leading bird specialist. We pride ourselves with operating strong ethical values in all our activities.
Working through local branches we encourage the NBC Community through a company forum and regular training and social events. We value all staff and operate systems to encourage career/personal development and recognise achievement. Everyone has the chance to enjoy their employment and have a secure future.
This is a great opportunity for someone interested in the outdoors looking for short term flexible employment. Experience in falconry is beneficial but not essential as full training will be provided for the right candidate.
Whilst this vacancy is temporary those who prove themselves to the business are often offered permanent contracts and enjoy a career in this exciting business.
The job is to support the Regional Team Leader to deliver primarily Bird control, but also Pest and Wildlife services to achieve high levels of customer satisfaction, bird/wildlife/staff welfare and profit.
The job involves delivery of all aspects of Bird Control including, Bird proofing, Falconry and guano cleans working mobile in an area.
- Provide a high level of care to the birds in your possession ensuring you maintain the standards of the NBC welfare policy.
- To fly the birds during the day in a manner which effectively scare and deters nuisance birds
- To house and care for the birds outside the normal working day and if and when you are unable transfer them to an NBC approved keeper.
- Carry out daily activities as identified in Geopal and communicate any influences that may either make that not possible or improve efficiency.
- Carry out the procedures required on visiting sites and ensure your own and public safety at all times. Complete pest control services according to BPCA standards ensuring sufficient stock in your vehicles keeping poisons and baits safe at all times. Carry out routine visits to sites to inspect for rodent activity and complete treatment where and when necessary.
You will be responsible with the Regional Team Leader for the performance of the Region not just financially but in relation to quality and safety. Ensure work is carried out safely and in a way that prevents our operations having an adverse effect on non-target wildlife.
Look after company equipment and vehicles and ensure when used they are fit for purpose.
Care for any birds of prey to NBC Welfare policy ensuring they have food, shelter and water and are not exposed to freezing conditions.
That you are fit and available for work and presentable wearing NBC uniform.
Hours of work
5 days per week variable days and hours. Monday to Friday generally, however some weekend or out of hours work may be required.
20 days + public holidays pro-rated for duration of Contract. Toil may be credited or debited.
Duration of Contract
This role is offered on a fixed term contract basis until 31 July 2017.
Hourly rate £9.00, plus overtime, Lead Bonus, RPM Bonus
Accommodation can be available to the right person.
Company van and mobile phone.
Closing date for applications: 31 March 2017
Strictly NO AGENCIES, prospective candidates should apply directly.
To apply for this role, click here.