NBC Environment are a National organisation providing expert services in Ecology and Wildlife Management to an impressive portfolio of Blue Chip customers. Our services are designed to remove the risk of nature adversely impacting commercial activities by delivering business protection for every type of commercial activity – facilities management, health and safety, construction, property management and much more.
We are leading experts in our field, we commit to our people with excellent rates of pay as well as providing transparent career progression for those who seek the opportunity to progress and the training needed to get there. Your attitude and interest is incredibly important to us and we are prepared to invest time and money in the right people. When working at NBC Environment we hope you will enjoy a working experience with;
Opportunity: Each role has three grades with clear KPI’s and allocated training time to allow you to get there.
Recognition: We like to celebrate personal achievement and excellence.
Reward: Our transparent processes ensure efforts are easily identified and can then be rewarded accordingly.
Enjoyment: We work with some great people and get to see and do some amazing stuff.
Working through local branches, we encourage a community feel through a company forum, regular training and social events. We value all staff and operate systems to encourage career/personal development and recognise achievement.
Established for over 25 years we are also a stable organisation, financially secure and the perfect place to invest your future.
2019 is a year of growth and change for us and we’re looking for people to join the team who are positive, enthusiastic and motivated towards helping the business achieve its ambitions with the desire and capability of delivery the expert service our clients have come to expect.
Take a look at some of our key roles within the business or our current vacancies below:
Full time | 40 hours per week | Immediate start
2020 promises to be an exciting year for NBC Environment as we further strengthen our position as the go to business for large corporate companies for bird and wildlife management. NBC experts respect all nature, their colleagues and clients when delivering our innovative and ethical solutions to wildlife challenges, and this rewards us with a reputation which is the envy of our competitors. Would you like to be part of our team?
Due to internal promotions and progression we now have a number of vacancies and are looking to recruit Wildlife and Environmental Operatives in the London area, the South and the West. The successful candidates will receive great rates of pay and the opportunity to work with a passionate, ambitious and supportive organisation.
This is an extremely varied role but can be categorised into four main aspects:
- With the highest standards, house and care for our birds of prey; expertly flying them to fulfil our bird management obligations.
- To clean and proof buildings and structures against nuisance birds, with great attention to detail.
- To provide a professional general pest management service.
- To provide a professional wildlife management service
Qualifications and Experience
For the current vacancies we are looking ideally for experienced Long wing falconers and/or pest controllers with RSPH Level 2 qualifications. We appreciate this is a unique mix of skills and you may have one set of skills and not the other, please do not let that deter you, we offer training and support. NBC are interested in recruiting and investing in the right people for our business and clients. Please read our person profile below to see if you could be who we are looking to recruit.
The person we are looking for:
- Professional attitude. Positive can-do approach, polite and presentable.
- Passionate and enthusiastic learner.
- Problem solver.
- Ethically minded with strong social values.
- A team player who doesn’t mind travelling and lone working.
- A career that demonstrates loyalty and commitment
- Customer service and quality focussed.
- Self-motivated with a desire to self-improve and develop new skills.
- Organised but adaptable to change.
- Experienced Pest Controller with RSPH Level 2 qualification
- Ideally a falconer with Long wing urban bird control experience.
Specifics for this role:
- A driving licence is required, ideally with no more than 3 points.
NBC Environment is a national company, and daily travel in and around a broad territory is to be expected for this role. However, extended travel and occasional overnight stays may be required to assist our other teams across the country as and when required.
NBC Environment will invest in every employee to ensure that you become the best you can be to deliver the expert service expected from our customers. We desire that your experience with NBC is one of Opportunity-Recognition-Reward-Enjoyment.
For this specific role, we offer the following package:
- Basic Salary of 20,000 up to £26,000.
- Company vehicle, phone and tablet.
- The opportunity to develop earnings with overtime, bonus scheme and an operative lead reward scheme.
- Career progression; there is always opportunity to progress at NBC. With our grading structure, your excellent performance will provide you with a rite of passage.
- Training and development days. Training and development managers are committed to staff development.
- Recognition scheme for exceptional performance.
- Employee assist program.
- Social events.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays).
The recruitment process:
To find the best candidates, NBC now operate a four stage recruitment process as follows:
- Initial online application.
- Formal questionnaire and invitation to telephone interview.
- Local interview.
- Assessment centre and final interview at head office.
Your next step:
London Vacancy – Apply Now
South East Vacancy – Apply Now
The closing date for applications for this role is: OPEN