NBC Environment are a National organisation providing expert services in Ecology and Wildlife Management to an impressive portfolio of Blue Chip customers. Our services are designed to remove the risk of nature adversely impacting commercial activities by delivering business protection for every type of commercial activity – facilities management, health and safety, construction, property management and much more.
We are leading experts in our field, we commit to our people with excellent rates of pay as well as providing transparent career progression for those who seek the opportunity to progress and the training needed to get there. Your attitude and interest is incredibly important to us and we are prepared to invest time and money in the right people. When working at NBC Environment we hope you will enjoy a working experience with;
Opportunity: Each role has three grades with clear KPI’s and allocated training time to allow you to get there.
Recognition: We like to celebrate personal achievement and excellence.
Reward: Our transparent processes ensure efforts are easily identified and can then be rewarded accordingly.
Enjoyment: We work with some great people and get to see and do some amazing stuff.
Working through local branches, we encourage a community feel through a company forum, regular training and social events. We value all staff and operate systems to encourage career/personal development and recognise achievement.
Established for over 25 years we are also a stable organisation, financially secure and the perfect place to invest your future.
2019 is a year of growth and change for us and we’re looking for people to join the team who are positive, enthusiastic and motivated towards helping the business achieve its ambitions with the desire and capability of delivery the expert service our clients have come to expect.
Take a look at some of our key roles within the business or our current vacancies below:
Operatives will be responsible for undertaking a variety of tasks within the department, as directed by the Team Leader including but not limited to Bird control, pest control, wildlife management and other land-based skills such as vegetation management, planting and spraying.
• Professional, desire to exceed customer expectations.
• Personable, social with strong values.
• Team Player, with can do attitude.
• Hard Working to meet targets and be the best for yourself and your team.
• Applied interest in the countryside/natural environment and/or ecology.
- LISS/CSCS Card (Help available)
- Brushcutter Tickets
- PA1 and PA6
- Have good communication and people skills
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety
- Have a full driving license
- Attention to detail and methodical approach to tasks
- Ability to work away from the main office including overnight stays when required
- Willingness to undertake drug and alcohol testing when required for work on Highways and/ or rail
- Related degree or other qualification#
- BPCA Level 2
- Applied Field sports skills, ferreting, falconry, shooting etc
- CS/Lantra chainsaw units
- PA6 ING and PA6 AW
- Additional tickets Inc. large tree and multiple windblown, CPCS and FMOC an advantage
- Tractor driving skills
- Trailer towing licence
• Utilise the resources available to develop yourself to be an expert in wildlife management.
• To communicate effectively with respect to colleagues to develop positive relationships.
• To deliver effective solutions with exceptional levels of customer service.
• Keep the birds in good health and feather and ensure they fly free in an effective manner to disperse nuisance birds.
• Complete Geopal as required to demonstrate work is completed so the business can invoice. Log in and out daily.
• Respond to calls, texts and emails within 2 hours during the working day.
• Pass 4 leads per month to sales.
• Maintain 90% state of service on pest control routine visits.
• Complete works safely with zero H & S or environmental Incidents
• Provide a high level of care to the birds in your possession ensuring you maintain the standards of the NBC welfare policy.
• To Fly the birds during the day in a manner which is effective.
• To house and care for the birds outside the normal working day and if and when you are unable transfer them to an NBC approved keeper.
• Carry out daily activities as identified in Geo pal and communicate any influences that may either make that not possible or improve efficiency.
• Carry out the procedures required on visiting sites and ensure your own and public safety at all times
• Complete pest control services according to BPCA standards ensuring sufficient stock in your vehicles keeping poisons and baits safe at all times.
• Carry out routine visits to sites to inspect for rodent activity and complete treatment where and when necessary.
• Undertaking commercial countryside management, ecological mitigation, wildlife fencing and riparian based works using a range of modern machinery.
Starting salary of £20,400 + vehicle, fuel card, mobile phone
20 days holiday + public holidays.