NBC Environment are a National organisation providing expert services in Ecology and Wildlife Management to an impressive portfolio of Blue Chip customers. Our services are designed to remove the risk of nature adversely impacting commercial activities by delivering business protection for every type of commercial activity – facilities management, health and safety, construction, property management and much more.
We are leading experts in our field, we commit to our people with excellent rates of pay as well as providing transparent career progression for those who seek the opportunity to progress and the training needed to get there. Your attitude and interest is incredibly important to us and we are prepared to invest time and money in the right people. When working at NBC Environment we hope you will enjoy a working experience with;
Opportunity: Each role has three grades with clear KPI’s and allocated training time to allow you to get there.
Recognition: We like to celebrate personal achievement and excellence.
Reward: Our transparent processes ensure efforts are easily identified and can then be rewarded accordingly.
Enjoyment: We work with some great people and get to see and do some amazing stuff.
Working through local branches, we encourage a community feel through a company forum, regular training and social events. We value all staff and operate systems to encourage career/personal development and recognise achievement.
Established for over 25 years we are also a stable organisation, financially secure and the perfect place to invest your future.
2019 is a year of growth and change for us and we’re looking for people to join the team who are positive, enthusiastic and motivated towards helping the business achieve its ambitions with the desire and capability of delivery the expert service our clients have come to expect.
Take a look at some of our key roles within the business or our current vacancies below:
Tuesday to Thursday plus every 2rd Saturday – 10.5 hour days
(Repeat advert, previous applicants will not be reconsidered)
Here at NBC Environment, we’re limiting the risk to life and property from hazards that are associated with bird and animal strikes on aircraft. We deliver effective bird and wildlife management, ensuring that our client achieves their objectives – does this sound like something that you’re interested in being a part of? Then you’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for a presentable, positive person with a proactive attitude to join our teams at RAF Wittering.
NBC Environment was founded by Managing Director John Dickson with a Prince’s Trust Grant in 1993 as NBC Bird Solutions. As the change in branding would suggest, the business has since grown to become one of the most successful independent environmental consultancies in the UK.
Working in partnership with customers, NBC remains true to its original values providing strategic environmental planning integrated with sustainable ecology, bird and pest solutions. NBC’s services have been developed to remove the risk of nature adversely impacting upon commercial activities by delivering comprehensive business protection. It works with clients in sectors such as facilities management, health and safety, construction and property management, and much more, to ensure their working environments remain hazard free and compliant.
- Your primary duty will be to patrol the airfield in order to deter wildlife from the active surfaces and airspace.
- Reporting on your observations through our online system.
- Observe fully the clients’ restrictions on site relating to movement around the airfield.
- Correct use of radio communications with the ATC or other airfield users.
- Basic IT skills
- A full UK drivers’ licence with no more than three points and be competent enough to pass an airfield driving assessment.
- You must not suffer from colour blindness due to safety restrictions on the airfield. A full colour perception test is required, and the opticians’ certificate must be presented to the RAF for airside driving permits.
- Possess a shotgun certificate and preferably a firearms certificate
- note; if no firearms certificate is held, then you must be in a position to apply for and gain an FAC immediately upon appointment to the role – NBC can assist where required.
- For FAC holders, you will be required to apply for the appropriate variations to your license e.g. Veri pistol.
- To be able to pass various MOD security checks to acquire the necessary station clearances and security checks.
Experience of military procedures, airfield and radio communications would be an advantage. However, full training will be given to successful candidate and therefore a military background is not necessarily essential, so long as you enjoy working outdoors and have a good understanding of nature, are disciplined in your approach, and can maintain high standards without direct supervision.
We are moving fast to recruit for this position with interviews being held locally within the next 2 weeks with an immediate start date.
If all of the above interests you, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Closing date: 7th February 2020.