There are just over 7000 species of fly in the UK, many of which have the potential to cause problems for businesses.
If unchecked, fly populations can explode especially if the breeding conditions are optimum – damp and warm/humid. It is these times that a business will be most at risk – Spring and Autumn – and fly prevention programmes are required particularly for businesses in waste management, composting, or agriculture for example.
Other business types – restaurants, hotels, bars, cafes, food manufacturers – will require a regular annual programme with a high level of monitoring, reporting and appropriate fly killers installed.
Protecting your Business
There are number of fly control methods available and our technicians will advise on the most appropriate for your business.
- Fly Killers including EFK units
- Fly Traps & fly bags
- Fly Screens to cover doors and windows in order to prevent flies entering but still let air flow
- Fly Spraying & mist blowing
It is critical that the fly species is identified by a professional to ensure effective fly treatment. Our technicians will complete comprehensive risk assessments to identify:
- The fly attractant
- Fly entry points
- Fly breeding sites
- Housekeeping improvements
The Risks of a Fly Infestation
- Loss of reputation and custom – flies are seen as unhealthy and unhygienic by customers and employees
- Damage to stock – restaurants, cafes, bars and food manufacturers are particularly at risk due to stored foodstuffs, food packaging, food utensils and food preparation surfaces
- Cost – Your local EHO (Environmental Health Officer) will have to respond to any complaints. This could mean fines or even closure
Call free on 0333 567 2020 to talk to a qualified NBC technician for the best fly control solution for your business.