Causing few problems in their natural habitat, Canada geese become opportunistic feeders eating anything from grass to grain and cereal, creating bird problems and conflict with landowners, businesses, councils and schools. The Canada goose is notoriously difficult to deal with due to their adaptability and their unwillingness to stray from their nest area.
Introduced to the UK in the 17th century, the Canada goose has successfully bred in most parts of the country. Together with the Greylag goose, they can be found populating ponds, lakes and coastal flats in both rural and suburban areas. The Canada goose has become a major bird problem in recent years as although it’s a migratory bird, changes in climate have led to static populations increasing in number in the UK.
Our Canada geese bird control services offer:
- Expert, knowledgeable and qualified bird control specialists
- Free and comprehensive site surveys
- Tailored and cost effective bird control and bird proofing solutions
- Guano/bird droppings removal and cleaning
Bird control solutions we use to control Canada Goose problems are:
- Trained dogs
- Canada goose scaring
- Trapping and removing
- Egg removal
Problems associated with geese
- Huge amounts of guano in private and public amenity areas, posing a very real threat to health
- Noise – collectively known as a ‘gaggle’, a flock of geese generate extreme noise
- Decimated areas of grassland and crops
- A goose can be very aggressive towards people
- Extreme danger to airports due to their size
In short – geese can be a real nuisance and notoriously difficult to deal with due to their adaptability and their unwillingness to stray from their nest area.
Talk to your local branch for advice or arrange a no obligation survey for your Canada goose problem by calling 0333 567 2020.