Blackdown Environmental’s Ecologists are able to undertake invasive species surveys across a wide variety of sites. Our Ecologists and Environmental Contractors are able to work closely to offer a full service from species identification and management advice to on site control.
As a landowner, developer or contractor, invasive species can create a serious problem, that can cause costly delays to your project and development. It is a legal requirement to control plant species listed under Schedule 9 of the Wildlife and Countryside Act (1981). Invasive species frequently found on development sites include Japanese knotweed, Himalayan balsam and Giant hogweed.
We are able to provide a solutions-focused approach, which enables our clients to benefit from our consultancy and contracting expertise. We provide our clients with a bespoke solution, ensuring that we fully understand their aims, requirements and associated budgetary constraints. An invasive species survey aims to identify the presence of Schedule 9 species within a site and provide pragmatic control advice.
We undertake a range of invasive species works including; invasive species walkover surveys, herbicide treatment, stem injection, excavation, on-site burial, encapsulation, bunding, muck-away and off-site disposal.
Invasive Species Services
We are able to provide a range of services including:
- Initial advice and consultation, with a PCA qualified Japanese Knotweed Surveyor (CSJK).
- Detailed site survey to map and identify any invasive species on site, along with any associated site constraints.
- Production of insurance-backed remediation strategies, outlining our findings, recommendations and costed proposals for further treatment works.
- Provision of a qualified and externally certified invasive species clerk of works.
- Herbicide treatment using a combination of knapsack, ATV and tractor mounted sprayers.
- Stem injection of Japanese knotweed, Giant hogweed and Rhododendron.
- Excavation and on-site bunding.
- Excavation and on-site screening and sorting.
- Excavation and on-site burial of contaminated material with inert cover.
- Excavation and on-site burial of invasive species within a heat-welded cell or other appropriate membrane.
- Muck-away of invasive plant material to a licensed waste disposal facility.
- Control and treatment of aquatic invasive species such as; floating pennywort, parrots feather and water primrose.
Call us on 0333 567 2020 to book your no obligation quotation.