- 40 hours per week
The award winning, NBC Environment is the UK’s leading wildlife management company, one of several British brands such as Safeguard and Albany owned and operated by USA based Rollins, Inc. which is one of the largest pest control companies in the world servicing more than two million customers in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia from more than 700 locations.
Due to continued growth we have an exciting opportunity for someone to start or progress their wildlife management career. The successful candidate will receive great rates of pay as well as excellent training opportunities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual, with either experience of, or a strong desire to learn, falconry and pest control to join us as a member of one of our regional teams. Ideally you will be an experienced falconer or pest controller but we would consider a trainee position for the right candidate.
What you will be doing:
- This is an extremely varied role that may likely include the following:
- · Flying hawks and falcons for pest control
- · Inspecting customer premises for pest activity and completing necessary treatments
- · Installing bird netting and spiking/proofing systems
- · Cleaning customer property following pest infestations.
- · Complete accurate and detailed reports of observations, works completed and recommendations.
- · Communicating with customers professionally and confidentially
Requirements for the role:
You will have:
- RSPH L2 Award In Pest Management or experience in falconry
- Full UK Drivers Licence with no more than 6 points
- Be confident in using a smart phone and relevant apps
- Be comfortable meeting and talking to new people
- Be able to use a smart phone to write short reports
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Good attention to detail with the discipline to follow process
- Flexible, willing to respond to opportunity with a can do attitude
You should be:
- Smart and disciplined. You will like presenting yourself in the best possible way, both in terms of appearance and approach.
- Personable, social with strong values.
- Self-motivated. You will enjoy a challenge and be able to think independently.
- Dependable. Someone who enjoys the security of stability and taking ownership of tasks.
- Active. You will enjoy outdoor activities and have an applied interest in the countryside.
- Positive. Definitely a glass half full type of person who sees the upside of even the most challenging situation.
Our Commitment to You
NBC Environment will invest in every employee to ensure that you become the best you can be to deliver expert service, through our four-point promise:
We will provide:
- A starting salary of £23,000 (£21,760 for Trainees)
- Opportunity to increase earnings through overtime, commission, bonuses and other incentives.
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holiday - increasing to a maximum 24 days with long service
- Training and opportunity to better yourself
- Dynamic working atmosphere within a local team
- A company van and fuel card, and phone.