- 40 hours per week
The award winning, NBC Environment is the UK’s leading wildlife management company, one of several British brands such as Safeguard and Albany, owned and operated by USA based Rollins, Inc. They are one of the largest pest control companies in the world servicing more than two million customers in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, and Australia from more than 700 locations.
The role of a Contract Manager is a senior and highly respected role within our organisation as these talented people keep the flow of work to our operations that ensures our future sustainability.
Although this role is to generate revenue it is not a commission-based sales role. An NBC Contract Manager is a professional consultant, an expert in not only identifying solutions to pest/wildlife issues but also in project management; able to guide the clients and operations teams to a successful project conclusion. As such our people are rewarded on revenue because retention is as important as new business.
The role of the Contract Manager is twofold:
Business Development. To network and develop meaningful long-term relationships with clients that will create opportunities for you to convert to business to enable the company and you to develop unlimited earnings.
Account Management. You will closely manage customers assigned to you to ensure they receive the highest standards of satisfaction achieved through regular engagement with our service and operations teams.
Objectives for the role:
- Achieve revenue targets by obtaining orders and working with operations to complete as much work as possible.
- To win, lead and deliver large national projects and contracts.
- To be accountable for the profitable delivery of works you have obtained.
- Grow the customer portfolio in the area.
- Maintain excellent customer relations to retain customers.
- Ensure complete compliance with health, safety and environmental legislation.
This is not the normal ‘pest surveyor’ role. You are not paid a commission, you are paid on invoiced revenue generated either by your team within your territory or by others outside, as a result of relationships you manage. An NBC Contract Manager’s ability to develop positive relationships with not only our clients to retain and develop business, but also our operations teams, will be a critical success factor to delivering projects safely and profitably.
Key duties will be:
- Responding to enquiries from existing and potential customers.
- Carrying out surveys to assess needs.
- Writing detailed reports and costing solutions.
- Writing of project specific risk assessments, method statements and project outlines.
- On site and off-site management liaising with clients, contractors, and staff.
- Liaising with NBC operations, sub-contractors, suppliers, regulatory body representatives.
- Working with the Marketing Manager to develop web content and for your own local branch pages and to participate in other marketing initiatives to generate enquiries that you can convert to revenue.
- The second key component of the Contracts Manager role is ability to price, sell, and manage work. Works may be Bird/Pest control or wildlife management and may be requests from existing customers or new opportunities generated by yourself or our marketing team.
The Contract Manager will have to:
- Promote yourself and the company, networking to develop new and existing client relationships.
- Attend site visits with clients to accurately quote for works and offer expertise.
- Identify, price, and supervise additional works.
- Prepare bid proposals and quotations for all services.
- Negotiate and close to obtain order.
Key responsibilities for you in your region include the following:
- Business Development.
- Customer Service.
- Contract Management
- Securing material and specialist sub-contractor quotations
- Formulating tender price and completing submission
The candidate will ideally have had some, but not necessarily all, of the following experiences before joining:
- Two to three years practical work experience ("on the tools") in landscaping, ecological contracting, wildlife management or pest control.
- Two to three years management experience.
- Sales/Business development experience.
- Entrepreneurial experience running their own business
You should be:
- Smart and disciplined. You will like presenting yourself in the best possible way, both in terms of appearance and approach.
- Ambitious. The success of this role will be down to you.
- Self-motivated. You will enjoy a challenge and be able to think independently.
- Dependable. Someone who enjoys and taking ownership of tasks.
- Positive. Definitely a glass half full type of person who sees the upside of even the most challenging situation.
- A natural problem solver. Wiling to think outside the box to provide creative solutions for our clients
Our Commitment to You
NBC Environment will invest in every employee to ensure that you become the best you can be to deliver expert service through our four-point promise.
We will provide:
- A basic salary of £30,000 to £40,000 dependent on experience
- 33 days holiday (including Bank Holidays)
- A fully expensed executive vehicle available for private use is provided with this role.
- Laptop and phone
- Training and opportunities for continuous professional development